Love Me Son - A Mother's Plea

Love me son, make not my heart cry
For I have bled long enough,
Reminiscing the joy as I nurtured your future
Like a diamond in the rough.

You shattered my hopes through a quest for peace
In an island torn to pieces,
A perfectionist, who, when ironing his shirts
Tried to rid them of all the creases.

I dreamt of a mansion, a fancy car
A wife, two kids and a dog,
But my visions of you, a doctor or judge
Have all sunken deep in the fog.

And now here you are, in a casket of wood
So handsome in your attire,
The regiment folk that were your friends
Will carry you to your pyre.

You and your father, in thoughts and fate alike
By turmoil were disgusted,
So you went to hunt the savage beast
And in turn became the hunted.

I pray for you, my only one
In rebirth, be not a soldier,
I cannot bear to lose you again
A tragedy in the eyes of the beholder.

Your assassin, I know, may well be saved
By the dreaded cyanide pill,
But if I come with that two-legged demon
I’ll crush him, I swear I will.

Love me son, dare not leave me now
For I have lived for your life, not mine,
But if you must go, please take me with you
To live in a land so divine.

3 comments:

Fallen said...

:'(

PseudoRandom said...

I think the saddest part is that it's still relevant, 12 years later... :S

Sabby said...

This was so well written, PR!
Gave me the chills and you can actually feel a little bit of her pain through this!

:'(